ALTA Best Practices
The Title Resource Network is pleased to announce that we are compliant with the American Land Title Association's (ALTA) Best Practices. We have undergone an examination level certification for Best Practices by an independent, national, third-party accounting firm. We are certified as compliant, which ensures the protection of the consumer through the entire real estate transaction.
ALTA Best Practices are designed to protect customers, promote quality of service, provide ongoing employee training and meet legal and market requirements. Our compliance demonstrates that The Title Resource Network safely and securely handles sensitive information and transactions. They are defined as follows:
- Establish and maintain current License(s) as required to conduct the business of title insurance and settlement services.
- Adopt and maintain appropriate written procedures and controls for Escrow Trust Accounts allowing for electronic verification of reconciliation.
- Adopt and maintain a written privacy and information security program to protect Non-public Personal Information as required by local, state and federal law.
- Adopt standard real estate settlement procedures and policies that help ensure compliance with Federal and State Consumer Financial Laws as applicable to the Settlement process.
- Adopt and maintain written procedures related to title policy production, delivery, reporting and premium remittance.
- Maintain appropriate professional liability insurance and fidelity coverage.
- Adopt and maintain written procedures for resolving consumer complaints.
For more information on ALTA and best practice policies, go to www.alta.org